Website owner identification:
Wyckaert Construction Company
+32 (0)9 222 60 24
The AVG on the one hand defines a number of rights for natural persons whose personal data are processed, but on the other hand also imposes specific obligations on organizations and companies that process such personal data.
3. Nature of personal data we process
As part of our services, we have reduced the processing of personal data to a strict minimum. The personal data processed by us concern in particular:
- your name and first name;
- your phone number;
- your address;
- Your email address, to the extent that it contains personal data.
We may also process data related to your personal interests, as provided by you during the registration process or otherwise.
We also collect and process data collected through your use of our Website (browsing). This data may include the date and time of your visit (timestamp), the type of browser you use, your IP address and the pages visited.
In this context, we may also collect data of a non-personal nature, such as browser type or IP address, the operating system you use or the domain name of the website through which you visited our Website. This data is only used by us to gain further insights regarding our users’ use of the respective website(s) in order to improve the functionalities and user experience. In particular, see the provisions on the setting and use we make of cookies in §10 below.
4. Objectives of processing personal data
The processing of this personal data by us has several purposes:
- If you give us your express consent: to send you newsletters or other messages containing commercial offers (by e-mail or to your physical address);
- when you enter into a contract with us: to identify you in accordance with the applicable legal provisions on the subject (name, first name, physical address, email, etc.);
- in the given case, to authenticate you as a customer/user of our Website;
- if you also transfer your email address, we use this personal data to transfer information that is primarily necessary in the execution of our agreement(s) with you: sending notifications, confirmations, possibly invoices and reminders, etc.
Certain data that may qualify as personal data, such as customer number, invoice number, etc., may be generated by us. This data is only processed by us in the context of executing the agreement(s) you have entered into with us.
However, this transfer and making available is limited to processing strictly necessary in the context of our services, including administrative management, provision of information to and by customer service, etc.
5. Transfer of your personal data to third parties.
As part of certain of our services, we use one or more external service providers, specifically for hosting and managing our website and any specific functionalities associated with it (e.g., sending newsletters, announcements, making reservations, etc.). The processing of personal data by these third parties is limited to purely technical support.
Apart from such processors, your personal data will only be used by our internal employees who are authorized to do so.
However, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable laws, rules, regulations or contractual provisions, or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or others.
In the given case, when the provision of the relevant service requires it, or to support the technical, administrative and/or financial processing, your personal data may be transferred and processed to one or more third parties. We entered into a separate agreement with these companies, which explicitly regulates the processing of personal data, and included the possible exercise of data subjects’ rights.
Also, in accordance with the relevant legal provisions, your personal data may be transferred to public authorities.
6. No transfer of personal data to third parties for promotional purposes
Except in case we have obtained your express and prior consent, we do not disclose your personal data to third parties for promotional purposes or commercial use by the latter.
7. Technical security measures
We have taken appropriate technical and operational measures to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized access, deletion or modification.
We take reasonable steps to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, as stated in our Terms and Conditions, you expressly acknowledge and accept that – in general – the transmission of information over the Internet is never completely secure, private or confidential. Therefore, any information sent or received from the Website or by using any of the services we provide may be intercepted, decrypted, accessed and/or used by third parties, even if technology is used that encrypts such information exchanges.
Regardless, we will continue to make the necessary efforts to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with applicable laws and best practices.
8. Employee code of conduct
Certain of our employees have access to your personal data mentioned above, in which connection they are bound by a strict code of conduct. This code of conduct includes:
- commitment to the confidentiality of personal data to which they have access as part of their assignment;
- commitment to process personal data only in the performance of their duties;
- Compliance with relevant legal provisions.
9. Right to correction, objection, data erasure, and restriction of processing
We give you the opportunity, for various services we offer, to exercise your rights to correct, object, erase data and/or restrict the processing of personal data.
Right of correction
If you are a customer or a registered user of the services we provide, you may update, update or change your personal information provided to us in connection with your account and user profile, if and when applicable. To do so, please send us a written request as provided below.
Automatic data erasure
Unless otherwise agreed, all personal information collected through the Website or the services provided by us will be automatically deleted after a period of ten years following the termination of the agreement between you and us. Consequently, your data will be retained for the statutory limitation period.
Exercise of Rights Exercising these rights can be done as follows:
- in writing: by sending a registered letter to Ottergemsesteenweg 415, 9000 Ghent, specifying the rights you wish to exercise, and including a copy of your identity card (front and back);
- electronically: by sending a registered letter to email@example.com, specifying the rights you wish to exercise, and including a scan of your identity card (front and back).
Please keep in mind that exercising one or more of the above rights:
- for one service does not necessarily affect your data provided in the context of another service provided by us (e.g., if you have different logins or customer numbers). If you wish to make this change or correction also for one or more other of our services, you will have to repeat this request one or more times if necessary;
- may be denied or limited in whole or in part in certain cases, which denial we will justify in our response, in the given case with reference to the Frequently Asked Questions. As examples, these reasons may include: the fact that we must retain certain data for a legally defined retention period, if the processing of a personal data is essential in the context of the performance of the contract, …);
- in certain cases may result in the suspension or termination, in whole or in part, of the contractual relationship with respect to the provision of such service.
We may use information about you to personalize and improve our services and to provide content or features that match user profiles or interests and to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activity related to our services. In doing so, we use various technologies to collect information, which include sending cookies to your computer or device.
Cookies are small data files stored in the memory of the device that allow us to improve our services and your user experience, see which pages are popular and record the number of visits to our Website.
We use both functional cookies and analytical cookies.
Functional cookies are essential for the use of our websites, store user preferences, among other things, and are not shared with third parties. Analytical cookies help us improve our site by giving us information about how users interact with our websites, such as the number of visitors to the website, the pages they visit and the time spent on the website. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor.
All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Most Internet browsers allow you to delete cookies from your hard drive, reject cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is installed. Consult your Internet browser’s instructions or help function for more details, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you choose to block, delete or reject cookies, it may adversely affect the availability and functionality of the Website and the services we provide.
11. Questions and complaints; exercise of rights by data subject
If you have any questions about how we use personal data, if you would like to review, correct, update or delete your personal data, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding the exercise of your rights: in order to prevent us from disclosing, modifying, restricting or deleting your personal data as a result of a request from a third party (and therefore not yourself), we ask you to send, together with the request – which must be written, dated and signed – a copy of your identity card (front and back) to us at the following e-mail address email@example.com or by letter addressed to the address listed above.
In the given case, you may file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority, Printing Press Street 35, 1000 Brussels.